September 7-10, 2022
University of California Davis
- About the meeting
- Registration and Abstracts
About the meeting
We welcome abstracts from any scientist using a cnidarian as a model organism to understand the molecular basis of fundamental biological processes. We strongly encourage trainees to submit abstracts for oral presentations. For Cnidofest 2022, there will be an emphasis on sharing tools that facilitate this kind of research in cnidarians. Sessions will be organized according to the following themes:
- Ecology (with a molecular focus)
Program and Schedule (Posted August 5, 2022)
A draft program and schedule is now available.
Keynote and Technology Speakers
Instructions for Presenters
Please prepare a 12 minute presentation, which will be followed by 3 minutes for questions.
(Note: this information was updated on 3 Aug 2022)
Your poster will be mounted on a surface that is 4 feet high x 4 feet wide (121 cm x 121 cm). Please prepare a poster that will fit these dimensions.
Registration and Abstracts
We are no longer accepting abstracts.
You may register for the meeting until August 15, 2022.
Please note: There are several errors on the “Accommodations” page on the UC Davis registration website.
Our suggestion is to book Hyatt Place using the link below, which will not expire. This hotel is by far the closest to the conference site, but it is also further from the downtown area (i.e. restaurants and bars).
Here are the instructions and the link for Hyatt Place:
- Click this link to go to the Hyatt website. Using the link is important because your discount is built into the URL.
- Click on the “Book Now” button, enter your arrival and departure dates, and click the “Book Now” button again. Here is where you will see room options for the UC Davis Discount.
- Select your room type and proceed with the booking.
Alternatively, directly calling other hotels is more likely to be productive than using the links on the website.
- Hilton Garden Inn: (530) 753-3600
- University Park Inn and Suites: (530) 756-0910
- Aggie Inn: (530) 756-0352
- Palm Court: (530) 753-7100
Finally, please feel free to search for alternative options in the city of Davis. It is a small city, and anything in the downtown area will likely be close enough. For your information, the conference will be held in the Alumni Center, which is here
It would be difficult for us to answer too many direct questions about booking hotels, but please do email if you have a pressing issue.
Traveling to Davis
UC Davis is located near two international airports - Sacramento International (SMF) and San Francisco International (SFO). Depending on where you are coming from, you will likely fly into one of these airports and then take ground transportation to Davis or Sacramento. There are a number of transportation options from each airport depending on how much money and time you wish to spend, including the Davis Airporter, Lyft, and Uber, or other rideshares and public transit like Yolobus or Amtrak.
When choosing flights, please keep in mind your arrival time, as SMF is typically a 25-45 minute trip to Davis and SFO can take between 2-3 hours depending on the time of day.
From SMF to Davis
The Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is just over 20 miles (32 km) from UC Davis which can take between 25 minutes to an hour, depending on the time of day and traffic. It is advisable to use a map application (like Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps, etc,) to estimate travel time when deciding upon transportation options. If you are headed to a location in Sacramento from SMF, the distance is shorter so taxi and ride sharing services will be less expensive; YoloBus will cost approximately the same amount.
- Davis Airporter is a private airport shuttle service used by many residents of Davis. This is a door-to-door service that must be arranged in advance for one or more persons. All reservations must be made at least three days in advance. For more information, visit their website.
- SuperShuttle is a shuttle service between San Francisco Airport (SFO), Davis and Sacramento Airport (SMF). The shuttle bus will pick you up at the airport and drop you off at your residence in Davis. It is not required to make a reservation beforehand, but it is highly recommended. For more information, visit their website.
- Yolobus is a public transit system that services Yolo County and the surrounding area. Two Yolobus routes provide hourly transportation between SMF and Davis, and they do not require advance reservations. Students need to know which bus stop is closest to their apartment or house before boarding the bus. Go to the Yolobus website for more information.
From SFO to Davis
The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is just over 80 miles (120 km) from UC Davis which can take between 1 hour and 45 minutes to 2 hours and 30 minutes, depending on the time of day and traffic. It is advisable to use a map application (like Waze, Google Maps, Apple Maps, etc.) to estimate travel time when deciding upon transportation options. If you are headed to a location in Sacramento from SFO, the distance is farther so Amtrak, taxi and ride sharing services will be slightly more expensive. You may also choose to contact SuperShuttle (see abobe) for an airport shuttle option.